Sunday, January 19, 2014

31: I Fall to Pieces – Pt. 1


“I’m walking out my door as we speak,” Victoria spoke into the microphone of her earpiece as she juggled her bags and an evidence box in her hands and opened her front door to find Cole standing on her stoop with a smile. “Uh Mike, I’ll see ya when I get to work alright? Cole!”

“Hey!” he grabbed the box from her hands and started towards her car with her.

“Hey! It’s been a while since you’ve dropped by. How are you?”


“I’m doing fine. I took an extended leave from work after the whole depression thing which I’m still surprised happened to me but I’ve slowly been getting back into the swing of things.” Victoria smiled and nodded as she listened to Cole explain the scenario Derrick placed in his head about how things went down with Tessa.

After finishing her off, he’d led Cole to believe that he’d had a spell of depression after a nasty breakup and began ignoring work and his friends and obvious household chores. He also told him that his girlfriend dumped him because he wasn’t able to satisfy her in bed. Victoria suspected he did so partly because Cole irked him the first time they’d met but he had already implanted the memory before she could stop him. “So how have you been?” he asked once slipping the box into her backseat.


“Not bad actually. Closing cases like normal and keeping my head down. Oh and I found my grandmother!”

“Really? That’s great! Is she everything you remember?”

“There are a few errant memories here and there but for the most part, she’s everything I’d hoped she would be.” She glanced at her feet as she toyed with her key ring and sighed. “Listen, Cole, I’d love to play catch up right now but I have to get to work.”


“I understand. I was hoping I could maybe catch you when you weren’t busy; say later tonight or tomorrow? We could have dinner and just talk, as friends.”

“Absolutely, I’d love to. Mike and I are wrapping a case up today so I should be free later on. Give me a call about six and I’ll let ya know.”

“It’s a date!” he beamed and closed her jeep door as she slid behind the wheel. “I’ll see you later tonight.” Cole watched as Victoria pulled out of her yard and soon disappeared around the corner before hopping into his Jaguar and heading home.


Work she found amazingly enough was easy. She and Mike spent the majority of their time ensuring their case notes were in order for the upcoming trial and reviewing witness statements with the D.A. By the time six o’clock rolled around, her phone was buzzing and she knew immediately who it was. With a smile in her voice, she told Cole she would be home and changed in a few. Cole took her to one of his favorite restaurants, Scalini Fedeli, and told her to order whatever she’d liked.

After fixing her eyes back into her head from seeing the prices, she ordered the pan roasted chicken breast with Italian sausage in a rosemary and garlic sauce served over broccoli di rapa and orrichiette pasta. While Cole had the roasted rack of lamb over orange scented carrots in a balsamic and garlic flavored lamb sauce. It was a nice night and Cole insisted on sitting out on the terrace overlooking the lake. He’d called ahead to make arrangements and ensure the two would have complete privacy.


“I fell apart,” he started as he watched her enjoy her meal. “And I’m beyond lucky and appreciative I had someone like you there to help me through my darkest time. Victoria, I cannot apologize enough for the way I treated you. I’m sorry.”

“It’s ok, Cole, I mean friends argue all the time and I’m a big girl, I think I handled it well,” she smiled and took a sip of her wine.

“You certainly did. So tell me more about your grandmother, what’s she like?”

“She’s so sweet, just like you’d imagine a grandmother should be you know one of those perfect ones from like sitcoms and made-for-TV Hallmark movies. She’s incredibly funny; absolutely hilarious you’d love her. And her cookies are to die for! I cannot believe my Mom kept her away from me all this time!”


“She sounds great. You’d better be careful, I might just have to steal her.”

“Well then I’d better keep her locked away in my closet then. It’s bad enough I have to compete with Derrick for her attention sometimes.”

“Derrick?” Victoria gulped down a large sip realizing she’d mentioned his name so casually to Cole. “You mean that guy is still hanging around? I’d have thought you’d have wrapped everything up by now with the case he was helping you with. Are you two…dating or something?”

“No we’re just friends.”

“But he’s met your long lost grandmother? Has Mike?”

“No, just Derrick.”


“I see.” The conversation died down as Cole played with the remaining food on his plate and Victoria tried to decide how best to continue their evening. She knew Derrick was a sore subject and did her best all night not to mention his name. But now here they were and there was no getting around it. The wind seemed to blow harder on the terrace and the silk curtains hanging around them whisked freely about causing the flames of the candles to flicker. 

“Cole, I…”

“It’s none of my business, Vik. Feds have CIs too. It just comes with the job I guess and there’s always a danger of getting too close to them. But you should be careful, Victoria. Most of them usually have hidden agendas.” CI? Victoria thought but just smiled and nodded, happily moving passed this conversation. There was no way she could tell Cole the truth about Derrick, at least not now so Confidential Informant it was. “So uh when do I get to meet the Grams?”


“She lives in Danbury but whenever you want to make the trip, I’m sure she’d be accommodating. Plus it’ll give her a reason to cook which she seems to really enjoy.”

“Good. Does she take requests?” Victoria laughed and nodded her head as the waitress came around to check on them and ask if they wanted dessert. Cole waited for Victoria to answer before requesting the bill. “Thank you for coming out with me tonight. I wasn’t sure if you would want to or not after everything.”

“Cole, we’re still friends regardless of what happened or happens a true friend will always have your back; you should know that.”


“Yeah? Tell that to Thomas. From what I understand I missed so much time at work he decided it was best he transfer departments and get himself a new partner. To be honest I have no idea how I was able to even keep my position or job for that matter if I really missed as much as I’m told.” Victoria smiled inwardly and thanked Derrick for convincing Cole’s bosses to keep him on. If he ever knew what the “CI” did for him, perhaps it would change his views on him completely.


“You look amazing tonight,” Cole remarked as they pulled up to her place and he hurried around to her door to open it for her.

“Thank you,” she smiled, taking his hand. From the corner of her eye she saw her favorite little visitor circle over the garage and held her arm out for him. “There’s my handsome fella.”

“Geez,” Cole gasped and took a step back as the large bird circled over his head, “you have a pet Raven?” he asked, watching as the bird took to Victoria, nestling itself between the two as he leaned closer to inspect it. 

“Kind of.”

“Ow.” Vex pecked at Cole’s hand as he reached out to touch his feathers and Victoria apologized.

“I’ve never seen him be aggressive.”


“I guess that means he really likes me then huh?”

“Or your cologne is just bothering him.”

“What? I thought you liked this cologne,” Cole pouted playfully.

“I do but animals are a little more sensitive to smells,” she smiled and turned her attention back to the raven. “Vex comes and goes as he pleases but seems to really like my house for some reason; maybe it’s the fruit bowl I leave out for him every now and again. Either way, he’s proven to be great company on nights it gets lonely up here.”

“Well you know if you ever want company you could always just give me a call. I miss our movie nights.”


“Maybe.” Vex squawked loudly in Cole’s direction before lifting himself off of Victoria’s arm. Circling once more over her head, he disappeared behind the house and Cole walked her to her front door. “Thank you for dinner, it was great catching up with you.”

“Yeah I enjoyed it; reminded me of old times. If you’re not busy on Friday, perhaps we could do it again?”

“We’ll see, Cole.” He leaned forward for a kiss and Victoria quickly turned her head for his lips to connect with her cheek. Cole sighed with a disappointed frown and backed away from the door, gazing at Victoria for a moment. “Was there something else?” she asked curiously as he seemed to be lost in thought.


“I was actually wondering something about you, about us, um…when we were together.”

“Ok,” she replied and waited for him to find his words.

“When we, the sex between us wasn’t bad, right? I mean I got you off right? You enjoyed it? I mean I think you did, you really seemed to and I don’t think you were…faking it.” When she didn’t answer he quickly tried to smooth over the question. “I’m just…I-I was curious I mean. I’ve been having some self doubt as of late and I don’t…I mean…well?”

“Uh, Cole, I don’t really think this is an appropriate topic for conversation with us anymore. I just want us to be friends.”


“I know and I’m not asking so we can get back together I’m I just…I think I’m losing it.” Victoria sighed and looked up at the Raven circling the garage and shrugged.

“I guess, Cole. I mean it was good. I never had any complaints.”

“Good, that’s…that’s good. So it wasn’t me.”

“What?”

“Uh, nothing…nothing,” he smiled and slowly moved away from the door. “Sweet dreams, Vik.”


“Goodnight, Cole.”

He waited until she was locked up inside before starting down the driveway to his Jaguar. Reaching the driver’s door, he noticed a large, white stain on the windshield and cussed at Vex who sat just above him on the garage door. Stupid bird! It even looked to be laughing at him.


Victoria turned out the last light in the hallway as she slipped into her pajamas and started for bed, the comforts of her silky goose down calling for her. Ensuring the window was opened just in case Vex needed a place to lay his head also, she slid beneath her sheets and quietly fell asleep.


Glass breaking downstairs stirred Victoria from slumber and she pulled out of the bed to investigate. Unlocking her gun box, she grabbed it from its case and slowly descended the stairs in search of the noise. Carefully she checked in and around the living room and dining areas before moving on to the kitchen. There on the floor near the sink she found a broken water glass that had fallen from the counter and shattered into a few pieces. “Great,” she huffed, placing her weapon on the countertop as she grabbed the broom and dustpan to clean up the mess.


She dropped the shards into the trashcan, rinsed her hands and started back to bed noticing the clock read 2:04 a.m., awakened once again at the exact same time. Victoria turned over to keep the blinking digits out of her eyes and saw her bedroom window opened much wider than she’d left it for Vex. “What the…?” she started and sat up but didn’t get far before a large figure dove at her, tackling her back into the bed as his hands closed around her neck.


Victoria fought back, gouging at the man’s eyes with her fingers and kicking wildly to turn herself over and get him from off of her. “Corpus tuum ad terram redit!” he yelled, adding more pressure onto her throat as he leaned forward. The crazy gaze in his eyes panicked Victoria and she struggled to free herself as she felt the air escape her lungs. “Exterminatore rursum vivet!”


Using all of her strength, Victoria jabbed the man with a hard uppercut causing him to fall back an inch or two but it did little in releasing the clutch he had on her neck. Frantically her eyes searched the table beside her bed for anything she could use as a weapon, her hands moving urgently to open the drawer and retrieve her service pistol. But there was no escape, there was no way out. She needed to get away, she had to. As every second passed slowly her panic grew more intense and she tried again to force his hands away, to breathe. Her lungs burned in her ribs and her vision started to blur.


“We’re too close now, we won’t be stopped! Die witch!” the man growled as his fingers tightened around Victoria’s neck. His hands were like a vice, squeezing and wrenching deeper. She choked harder as her lungs desperately fought for a breath, her nails were covered in blood from the constant clawing at the thick paws covering her throat. Thrashing wildly beneath his grip only worked to hasten the air from her lungs, her legs finally gave up the fight. Energy spent, tiny lights flickered in front of her eyes; her world was spinning. Death was imminent.


And as a world of darkness took over, her body growing limp, a faint object fluttered into the room through the opened window and all at once a large form lunged forward tackling the man off of her chest. Instantly Victoria sat up gasping for a breath as her lungs began to expand again with the sweet, cool mists of air filling her throat. The soreness of her neck was forgotten momentarily as she took in the sight of the two men wrestling on her bedroom floor at the foot of her bed. 


A heavy thud and grunts of pain passed briefly in the dim room as one of the figures rolled back towards her bed and stood. She pushed the light on above her head and took in Derrick’s tall stature just at her feet. “Are you ok?” Scared and confused eyes pinned him in place as she rubbed a light hand over her throat. Seeing the cloaked man dead on her floor her cop brain began trying to figure out how this was going to be explained. She had to call it in; otherwise it was covering up a homicide. “Victoria, are you ok?” Derrick repeated as she looked up at him once more.


The ringing in her ears was no longer as pronounced once her heart settled within her chest and her breathing returned to normal. She nodded her head and spoke in a grating voice to answer his question. Derrick rushed towards her bathroom and poured her a glass of water that she nodded a thanks for. “Sip slowly; it’s going to hurt for a bit to swallow.”

“Who is he?” she asked feeling the cool water slip appreciatively down her throat soothing the sore muscle.

“Uh from the getup he’s wearing I’d say an Initiate; low member of the Cult of the Damned. Did he say anything to you?”

“In between the yelling and gibberish, Latin I think, he said something about being too close to stop.”

“That was too close. I should have been here sooner. If there had been more…”

“Vex,” she replied in a raspy tone, her voice like sandpaper as irritated eyes caught him once more. “All this time?”

“I can explain that, Victoria.”


“So it’s true? I really did see you fly into my bedroom as Vex?”

“Yes, but…”

“How could you not tell me? I invited you into my home! You were here nearly every night and…I talked to you. I shared a lot of private things with you, Derrick, and all this time?!”

“I-it’s not what you think!”

“How could you do that to me? You ask for my trust and then…I need you to go.”

“Wait please just listen to me.”

“I think you’ve said enough.”

“What about him?”

“I can handle it.”

“You can’t just call this in like a normal crime without a lot of questions being asked,” Derrick reasoned.

“I said I got it!”

“Victoria?”


“LEAVE!” She yelled, feeling the force rip the sensitive muscle of her throat as she turned her back to him. The sound of flapping startled her slightly as he shifted again and exited through the window.

Victoria fell to her bed, eyes glancing down at the intruder lying dead on her floor with thoughts on the man who’d left him there. She was hopelessly stuck between being grateful he was around to save her life and being angry over the idea that he was the bird that frequented her company at night.


Grabbing the spellbook from her nightstand, Victoria conjured a banishing spell to remove the cultists’ body:

“Goddess of the Moon hear my demand,
send this corpse back to his land.
What is dark be filled with light
remove this spirit from my sight.”

She watched as a bright yellow light encircled the man’s body lifting him from the ground before vanishing completely, taking his corpse with it. With an uneasy sigh, her fingers touched the bruised flesh of her throat. Things were becoming crazy and dangerous now that she and Derrick had started their pursuit of the talismans. It was what Loretta warned her would happen. And now that they knew where she lived, she anticipated even more trouble would find its way to her doorstep.


The next morning Victoria opened her front door to find Derrick sitting on her stoop with a saddened look in his eyes. “Hey, can we talk?” he asked and followed behind her towards her truck. She ignored his question and tossed her things into the passenger side door before circling around to the other side. “Victoria, please? There’s a very good explanation about last night and what you saw, I just need you to hear me out,” he begged, stepping in her way to keep her from getting into the jeep.


“Get out of my way, Derrick, or so help me…”

“Will you please talk to me?” he asked stepping to the side to allow her to pass.

“Talk to you? About how you lied to me for months, snuck into my home under the pretense of some lost animal and let me confide my deepest secrets in you without caring how that would affect me? No! I mean I told you to leave last night but did you even go home, Derrick?” She asked noticing he was wearing the same thing he had on last night. “You know what, it doesn’t matter. The only thing you can do right now, Derrick, is leave me alone. Stay away from my house, stay away from my job and stay the hell away from me!”


“The Cult knows you’re onto them and that you’re looking for a way to keep the Destroyer from returning to earth. They will do everything in their powers to keep you from stopping them!”

“I can handle myself.”

“It’s too dangerous to go it alone, Victoria.”

“Fuck off, Derrick! That’s the last time I’m warning you.” Throwing her jeep into reverse, her foot hit the gas hard and she sped from her yard. Hurriedly she rushed towards work or anyplace to get as far away from Derrick as possible, leaving him standing in a puff of dust.

Continue---->

13 comments:

  1. Dinner with Cole started out nicely enough, but then as I would've guessed, he wanted more than that from Vik. Derrick may have helped Cole a lot, but he gave his ego a big hit when he suggested he wasn't any good in bed. Trying to get confirmation from Vik was seriously awkward. I'm glad Vik was very clear with Cole that they were friends ... period.

    So, the proverbial shit has finally hit the fan, and Vik knows that Vex is Derrick. Man, she is royally pissed. He did save her life, though, and that HAS to count for something. I'm dying to hear his explanation and hope Vik gives him a chance once she's cooled off a bit. Derrick's right. It's too dangerous for her to go it alone. Besides, I want them together, and that's more important. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cole seemed nice to start but ended with a kiss that she quickly avoided. Victoria kept her guard up, she knew he'd try something and that's why she kept making it clear she only wanted to be his friend. Hopefully he finally got the message but Cole is really in love with Vik and can't seem to let her go. (That's when you need a dreamy vampire to rescue you!)

      Derrick enjoyed messing with Cole's head there for sure. He had it coming in Derrick's mind. He didn't like the way he puffed out his chest to him when all he ever did was give Victoria a ride home. That thing about being bad in bed was hilarious though, I'm sure Derrick had a nice laugh! Victoria didn't want to answer the question in fear it would open a can of worms but she stated it in a way for Cole to understand this is what it WAS and not something for our future.

      Yes! Finally the cat is out of the bag and now Derrick is about to deal with the fallout. He really should have been honest up front to avoid this because now Victoria is upset and can no longer trust him, trust that he worked hard to build with her.

      Though she's torn between being grateful he was there to save her and the fact that he's lied to her for months, she's not seeing anything past the fact that he tricked her. She's right now thinking about all the stuff they talked about and all the things she told Vex and having to deal with her embarrassment and his dishonesty.

      He said there is a great explanation but not sure Vik will see it that way. He has had so many opportunities where he could have told her and yet never even tried to broach the subject. I think that is what will get her the most. That and the fact that she never saw it for herself. She needs a moment to calm down but women can seriously hold grudges! That's more important? Haha they may have taken a giant leap back. But Derrick will try and win her trust back. He's willing to do whatever he has to in order to get back in her good graces!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. I know she's upset and hurt, but that was very stupid of Victoria. People are out to kill her and she is trying to push away one of the two people who are helping her. Poor Cole. He still likes Vic and she turned him down like that. Did her mood change or did Derrick as Vex have something to do with it? She seemed a bit colder after he flew up to her. Another stupid thing Victoria did was leave her door open. Let's say no one was after her, still not a good idea. Murderers and rapist are out there. Yes, she's a cop but they'd have their gun aimed at her before she could grab hers. I hope she learned her lesson. Can't she or her grandma cast some type of protective spell around her house or have I been reading too many books? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria doesn't want to be around Derrick right now regardless of what he's trying to tell her about the cult. As we see she's really more comfortable with her magic and is using it a little more freely. And she's also a homicide detective so having threats on her life is nothing new for her. She's trained enough she thinks to handle it. And now with that attack she's even more on guard!

      Derrick really did mess up by not telling her about Vex but he was afraid this would happen. Even though he felt that she would be completely angry about it, he didn't want to not be there in case of an attack.

      Cole's feelings for Victoria really run deep but he's unfortunately lost his chance to be with her and she really does not want to go back down that road again with him. She wants to be his friend at best and he has to come to understand that. His jealous and sometimes overbearing nature kind of pushed her away. And given the fact that he still beats his chest like a hairy ape at the mention of another guy proves just how little he's grown up.

      Not sure if it was the fact that Vik saw Cole slipping back into his old ways or the fact that Vex interrupted but she wanted to get out of the situation Cole was placing them in; Vex offered a nice distraction for that. The window thing was something she always did for Vex and it wasn't opened so much for a person, just the size for a bird. But you're right, opened is opened and the Cultist was able to wedge it open even more to fit through. Also her bedroom is on the second floor so she probably just figured if someone was coming to her place they'd need a ladder. She hadn't taken into account the fact that they could just cast a spell (or in Derrick's case, fly).

      She'll see the errors in her ways and we'll find her even more guarded. Even in the ways of vampires as she'll start collecting ammo and a kit to travel with that will protect him from various supernatural entities. True, her being a cop won't always come in handy; sort of like tonight. Her weapon had been locked back up into her drawer after she came back from downstairs and was too far out of reach for when she was being strangled. Lesson definitely learned. It also gives her more reason to learn some defensive spells too!

      Lol nope, you haven't been reading too many books and that is coming up soon as Victoria sees now that these people know where she lives!

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  3. Well the cat's out of the bag now. Man Derrick...gonna be hard to explain this to Vik. I understand why she's hurt right now. She was using Vex as a confidant and to learn it was Derrick all this time. :( But she can't really afford to be on her own right now either. I know she THINKS she can handle herself, but that attacked proved she can't. If Derrick hadn't intervened, she'd be dead. She may be more comfortable with her magic, but she still has a lot to learn about it and the underground world. Hell they are facing things that even Loretta hasn't seen, but she's too pissed to see that right now.

    Hopefully once she calms down, she'll see that regardless of how she feels about Derrick, she's gonna need his guidance.

    hahaha poor Cole. Derrick was wrong for planting that thought. But then again I wouldn't expect anything less from Derrick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's out, she knows and found out by seeing it for herself. Derrick really should have said something. This will be a tough one to explain and Victoria is too stubborn and too pissed off right now to hear anything he has to say. It's a shame too because she's gonna need him for this upcoming case and then some.

      Derrick, Derrick, Derrick. I know he felt keeping it a secret at first was necessary but after she learned about him being a vampire, he should have told her the rest. Instead he kept quiet. Vex was the closest thing she had to a friend and she told him some of her deepest secrets. Not only that but she did undress in front of him a few times and may have even talked about her feelings towards Derrick :O.

      Victoria was in a state of disbelief. She hadn't realized just how dangerous what she and Derrick were getting involved with actually was. Now that she's been attacked she'll be on her guard. The Cult of the Damned won't catch her with her pants around her ankles a second time, that's for sure. But you're right, she needs Derrick now more than ever but she won't admit that nor allow it with the way she feels right now.

      Had Derrick not flown in when he had there's no telling what would have happened. She was knocking on Death's door there near the end. He got to her in the nick of time. She does have quite a bit to learn. Her new occupation as a white witch is sort of a full time job that she unfortunately cannot devote much time to at the moment. She needs to get herself back on track and forgive Derrick soon...before it's too late!

      Very true. It was a bad thing not telling her in the beginning but he really regrets her having to find out this way. Even Loretta tried to convince him to tell her but he still hit the brakes; too afraid that it would push her away. Well I guess he got the end result anyway. It's worse seeing that he was lying by the truth accidentally spilling out than it would have been had he just told her. Hopefully they will be able to work through this and get back to where they were but...only time will tell.

      LOL Yeah, he had to show Cole who held the power...plus it was a bit of fun for him. Derrick enjoys his work thoroughly! :)

      Thank you for reading!

      Delete
  4. Well shoot! Vex is out of the bag now! No one tells my baby to fuck off, so easy Vik, I have some witchy JooJoo too! If he says there is an explanation, there is. Whether it's a good one or not remains to be seen.

    Poor Cole... or not..., but poor Cole! Derrick messing with his sexuality was a bit HAHAHA, I mean sad, really sad. It messed him up completely and now he's insecure about himself and his ability to perform. I don't like Cole, but I don't want to see him 'emasculated' either. Sure he had it coming and my baby had fun messing with him, but I hope he gets over it... His next girlfriend perhaps. He was a bit cocky (maybe a lot) when we met him first and now he's an insecure sucker. Really funny though, so +1 Derrick. Glad Vik made it clear about their status. It's friendship or nothing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! The truth is out! Haha you're threatening Vik?!? She's in pain right now. She just lost a close friend and can no longer trust Derrick on top of that! LOL she had better let him explain huh? Scary JM is scary!

      Cole had his head unscrewed but it's not such a bad thing, made him human to a degree. Derrick had to kick him down off his high horse somehow! And then to top it off he pooped on his ride! Derrick's just being mean :P And he's not even done messing with him! LOL Derrick gets sort of a kick out of it; using his abilities against people who have no idea! Perhaps Cole will find an outlet with a new girl. Plus Vik told him he didn't suck. I mean she said it in a way to keep him from going into detail but he got the gist. Yep! She had to be absolutely clear on that point. I DON'T WANT TO DATE YOU! Besides, she's got her eyes set on someone else...

      Thank you for reading :D

      Delete
  5. Poor Cole! I guess he had his chance with her...and Derrick is just teasing and taunting him at this point. Looks like what goes around comes around though as Victoria finally found out that he was the Raven.

    With so much danger ahead though I'm not so sure she should be dismissing him so harshly! I mean he has saved her life too many times to count now...although she is getting stronger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! Cole and Vik dated, they tried it just didn't work. It's about time he realized they are just friends. Lol yeah Derrick enjoys messing with Cole. But Cole unfortunately brought that upon himself when he first approached Derrick.

      Derrick did get some of that bad karma right back with the reveal. Vik was too upset to hear anything he had to say and now he is regretting that he never told her.

      Victoria really needs to rethink her position and forgive him quickly. Like you said it's too dangerous for her to be alone right now. Though her powers are growing immensely by the day, having her own personal vampire is never a bad thing!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  6. hahahaha Derrick and Cole's memory... Poor Cole, I rather pity him.

    But, I think I pity Derrick more. The secret is out and Victoria is really ticked.
    What a bad time for that to have happened. I have a feeling that she really needs Derrick's strength now more than ever, especially with the thugs knowing where she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Derrick really played a game with Cole lol but yeah he was being kinda mean. Cole is a little sensitive and he needs to feel confident again.

      Derrick really messed things up with Victoria! She was deeply hurt realizing that he wasn't being completely forthcoming about this. She might want to but she can't stay mad at him for long! There are too many dangers lurking and like you said they know where she is now. She'll have to be extra vigilant and she'll need Derrick more than ever!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  7. Hmm. So it wasn't just the succubus putting him up to it, cole really did want more from her. I had to giggle at derricks suggestion of him not being good in bed. Poor cole, that's gonna plague him, lol.

    Ha, I KNEW vex was d. Can understand v being upset but I'm not sure now is a great time to banish him either.

    ReplyDelete