Sunday, February 16, 2014

35: The Unlikely Duo – Pt. 2


Victoria waited near the jeep as Derrick headed inside the gate. The sun was starting to set and she had a sudden feeling of being watched. Pushing off of her truck, she paced a little around the trunk looking over the cars parked in the lot around her. With the exception of the traffic moving over the freeway nearby, all was quiet. She shook off the sense of dread and sighed heavily, glancing at the clock on the town hall tower a few blocks away. “Come on, Derrick. How long is this gonna take.”


“Well that all depends on you.” Victoria jumped a foot in front of her and turned with an angry scowl directed at the laughing vampire.

“Cat bells, that’s what I’m getting you for Christmas, Derrick! That wasn’t funny!”

“Oh it was a little funny. You should have seen your face, Detective,” he continued laughing as he came around the side of the jeep towards her. “Alright our guy’s inside but there are a couple of speed bumps.”

“Which are?” Derrick waited as a car pulled into the lot and two people wearing bathrobes passed by them and Victoria eyed them curiously. “What is this place a spa or something?”


“Um…something. So anyway as I was saying we both have to go in and get him. For one, he has a place rented here and I can’t go inside without an invitation.”

“But it’s a public place. I thought that only worked for privately owned homes.” Derrick grinned inwardly listening to the detective recite parts of the book he’d given her to read. “You’re just trying to get out of going in there aren’t you? Come on, Derrick. Don’t get lazy now. We have work to do.”

“Forget I said anything. Besides, I don’t think you’ll be so eager when you hear what I have to say next.” The feeling of dread reentered Victoria’s stomach and she held her breath waiting for the other shoe to drop. “You have to strip.”

“Excuse me?” Victoria asked backing against the jeep again as another person passed through the gate of the main complex.

“Um, get naked?”


“Yeah, Derrick, I know what the word ‘strip’ means. What I don’t know is why you’re asking me to do it while standing outside in a very public location.”

“Well, Victoria, your magic is what tracked this guy here. It’s not really my fault so unfortunately you can’t blame me this time.”

“Where is here, Derrick?” He pointed towards a sign against the palm tree across from them and couldn’t resist the grin that formed on his face.

“We’re at a nudist resort, clothes are not allowed at most you can wear is a bathrobe and neither of us have one. Not that it matters since you have to remove those at the gate. Now if you’d like we can sit out here and wait him out but from what I was able to read off the clerk at the desk, this is a weeklong event and the community is all inclusive; those people aren’t coming out any time soon.”


“Oh you’ve got to be kidding me!”

“Were it only so, my Dear, but alas we do what we must, now strip,” he repeated this time with a wide grin as he eyed her up and down.

“There is no way I’m getting naked and going into some nudie hotel! Absolutely not!”

“Relax, Victoria, this’ll be easy. Just pretend as if you’re at the gym about to head into the showers. No one will be staring because they’ll all be naked too. Nudists aren’t sexual deviants; they just enjoy the freedom without all those restricting clothing.”

“I said no!”

“So then we what? Let the bad guys have the talisman? Because you know if we found this place, they can’t be too far behind!” Victoria folded her arms into her chest, ignoring his reasoning.

“How do I know you’re not just trying to find a way to ogle MY naked body?” she asked, bringing up earlier conversation from Derrick’s bedroom. He smiled at her, eyeing her up and down intensely before sighing.

“Ok tell you what, I’ll strip first to ease your concerns and then you can join me.”


“Derrick!”

“What? What happened to that whole ‘don’t get lazy now’ mentality you had a second ago? Besides, you’re a cop! You should be used to going undercover.”

“‘Undercover’ is not ‘completely naked.’ It just means outside of the normal police procedure. This doesn’t feel right to me!”

“Fine. Would it make you feel better if I turned my back? I’d hate to make you uncomfortable though I do warn you others may not be so inclined to look away.”

“You know you could always go in yourself and retrieve this stupid thing. If done right it should only take one person to slip into his room and enter that combination you stole from his personal aide. I don’t see why I need to go in there as well.”

“First of all, I cannot touch the talisman until it is unblessed by a witch or man of the cloth, aka a cultist. It would scorch my fragile skin. Second, this could be a one person job IF we were only dealing with the one guy. But there’s no telling who or what’s inside this place. And third, what do you think he’d be less likely to attack: a man holding his most prized possession, his necklace not my jewels, or a naked, attractive woman mistakenly entering the wrong room?”


“Well that would all depend on the guy wouldn’t it? Besides you have that mind melting thing! You could easily make him think something else! You’re just trying to be difficult.”

“No I’m trying to keep you safe believe it or not,” he nodded towards three men standing over his shoulder. They were looking around the parking lot for something or someone. “Vampires. Apparently we’re not the only ones after this thing and if you think for a second they’ll hesitate to rip your throat out while you wait for me to get back you’re sorely mistaken.”

“Fuck! Promise me you’ll make anyone that bumps into me forget I was ever here.”

“Scout’s honor!”


With an annoyed scowl and heavy sigh Victoria reluctantly began undressing as did Derrick. Folding her clothes neatly she stacked them on her backseat and led the way towards the gate. “You dropped something,” Derrick smirked and held the delicate silk panties on the tip of his fingers for her to take. “Have I ever told you how enticing a smell you have?”

Victoria’s eyes widened in shock as she stepped back towards the grinning vampire. “Not another word,” she growled and snatched them away from him. “And if I catch your eyes lingering I’m gonna snatch them out of your head!” Tossing them into the truck she slammed the door and started forward again.

“You know you’re beautiful when you’re angry at me!” he shouted to her retreating back with a laugh.


“Welcome to Club Eden,” the cheerful voice of the desk clerk greeted them as they entered the building. “I’m Mindy! Can I interest you in our newbie tour?”

“We’re not newbies,” Derrick spoke as he looked into the woman’s eyes. “But if you could look into your system and tell us which room Tony Ridgedale is staying in, we would be truly grateful.”

“Of course sir,” Mindy mechanically replied and Derrick glanced over at Victoria who seemed entranced by the woman’s compliance.

“Compulsion,” he offered before she could ask.

“I know it’s just the second time I’ve seen you use it. It’s freaky how abiding they are.” She shivered at the thought of mindless zombies complying with the commands of their vampire masters and turned from them.


“Victoria, you don’t have to worry about…”

“Room 218,” Mindy interrupted and Derrick thanked her, quietly taking Victoria’s hand as he started towards the elevator.

“You know I’d never do that to you right?” he whispered as the lift stopped for them and she entered first. Victoria nodded but didn’t look at him as she answered and Derrick wasn’t so sure she was being honest.


They got up to the room and Victoria stood watch at the balcony door which overlooked the pool. Several people partied below them and many still on the banisters next door, each with a bird’s eye view into Ridgedale’s room. “Can you hurry this up?” she grumbled as she kept watch. “I feel so…”

“Naked? That’s because you are, Detective.”

“I was going to say exposed and I wasn’t referring to my lack of clothing. There are too many eyes looking in this direction for us to be moving at a snail’s pace so would you please be so kind and get a move on?”

“I’m sorry, Victoria, that I’m not up to speed on my safe cracking skills. I’ve not burglarized a home since the early 1800s when things weren’t electronic. That was a joke by the way. Don’t start thinking up ways to prosecute me for crimes I’ve committed.”


“Derrick, if that was ever my goal I’m sure I could have had you thrown under the prison by now.” She looked over her shoulder and noticed he was still struggling with the first combination and sighed. “Switch, you take watch.”

“And I suppose you think you can do this better than…” the sound of the tumblers sliding into place stopped Derrick mid-sentence and he watched in astonishment as Victoria pulled a black velvet box from the safe. “Well, well, well. Someone’s been holding out on me! Where did you learn to do that, DETECTIVE Carson?” Derrick asked, exaggerating the word.


“You know one of those things you see that you need to pretend you didn’t, Derrick? This is one of them. Now let’s get out of here before…”

“Who are you? What the hell do you think you are doing in my room?”


“Going blind,” Victoria responded as she turned towards the very nude, very irate Tony Ridgedale entering through his door. Calling the man obese would have been a stretch, but he was definitely not what she had in mind when she thought of a nudist resort. But the naturalists here came in all shapes and sizes regardless of age. 

“We uh, got lost.” Derrick offered as he moved himself in front of Victoria.

“And just happened to find your way into my safe I suppose?” Before Ridgedale could call for a guard, Derrick had the man thrown against the wall, pressing his forearm into his throat to keep him from screaming.


“Look at me!” Ridgedale’s eyes couldn’t move away from Derrick’s. He watched as his dark grey eyes turned bright red, hypnotically obeying and repeating every word that fell from his lips. “We weren’t here. You never saw us. We’re going to walk out the door and you’re going to go back to whatever it was that brought you in here.”

Derrick motioned for Victoria to start out first and exited quickly on her heels. “That was close!”

“Yeah.”

“I thought you said these guys were members of the cult.”


“No I said they are from the bloodline of members.”

“And that means what exactly? They don’t have the same powers as the original members? Because I’m third generation witch and I’m pretty damn powerful.”

“We got away clean, Victoria. No need to jinx a good…” a red light flashed over them as they entered another hallway and the sound of an alarm blared through the speaker boxes at the end of the corridor. The shuffling of feet and a large bustle of movement stopped the two where they stood and Derrick heard the approaching security guards rushing towards Ridgedale’s room. “Spoke too soon. In here!”


Quickly he pulled Victoria into a cabana and shut the door. A woman old enough to be Victoria’s mother turned to face the two with a smile. “My! Had I known this place had room service like this I’d have become a member a long time ago.” She swirled the cocktail in her hand and pulled open the towel that rested around her chest. Victoria turned her head as the woman approached them, flirtatiously batting her eyes at Derrick. “What’s your name cutie?”

Derrick glanced back at Victoria who was stifling a laugh as the woman ran her finger down the curve of his pecs. “Uh.”


“Well don’t be rude, Derrick! She asked you a question.”

“Derrick? Mmm I wouldn’t have guessed that, you don’t look like a Derrick. You have a more exotic appearance; Julian maybe or Diego. I’m Margaret but you can call me Maggie.” The woman stumbled, spilling her martini as she landed on the bed with a laugh. “Come, sit. I don’t bite. I’m as gentle as a kitten.” She patted the spot beside her and waited for Derrick to approach.

Victoria listened as the sounds of security trampled through the hallways and was thankful the woman was too drunk to pay any attention to the noise outside her door. “I’m sorry, we’re really in a hurry. We didn’t mean to disturb you and…”


“Nonsense! You’re here now. Let’s have a party! You, Derrick, I could eat you up with a spoon!” She made an attempt to roll her tongue seductively over her lips but ended up mimicking a thirsty giraffe.

Derrick took a step back and Margaret climbed to her feet, throwing herself against him quickly. Her hands skirted down his stomach, slowly approaching his package and Derrick pushed at her to keep her hands off his dick. “Hey!” Victoria yelled and started towards the two. “You’re drunk. You need to back off now before this goes from bad to worse for you. Now as he said we’re in a hurry and Derrick is with me so if you don’t mind getting your hands off of him…”


She attempted again to grab Derrick’s manhood and he backed away, causing her to stumble and land on her ass. She looked up at him angrily and snarled. “SECURITY! SECURITY!” Derrick rushed the middle-aged woman, holding her down as he looked at her.

“Quiet!” he demanded and Margaret immediately stopped screaming. Victoria approached the door and heard footsteps rushing down the hall.

“Someone’s coming, Derrick! We need to get out of here.” After compelling the woman to forget, Derrick grabbed Victoria by the hand and quickly rushed out the door. Listening for the guards possibly lurking just round the corner, they careful made their way out of the building and back into the parking lot.


With a smile as wide as a Cheshire cat, Derrick tossed Victoria’s clothing to her and threw his on as well. “I told you it would be fun.”

“Yeah fun! Next time I’m leaving your ass with Margaret!” Victoria laughed and slid into the passenger seat.

“I guess I should thank you for coming to my rescue there. If I didn’t know any better I’d think you got a little jealous watching Maggie feel me up!”

“Jealous, ha! You wish. I was just trying to prevent a sexual harassment charge. I am a cop you know.”

“Nice try but this isn’t your jurisdiction, Detective.” Victoria blushed at the smirk on Derrick’s face as she buckled her seat belt.

“Just drive the damn truck.”


“So, Victoria, what do you say I fly over to my place, grab a bottle of merlot and we hit the books. Figure out what our next move will be.”

“I’d love to but I have a few cases that need my attention right now. And I know they may not seem so huge in the bigger picture but I love my job and I need to do double duty with Mike out. Besides I want to at least put one or two under the ‘solved’ column before I leave town.”

“Leave? Where are you going?”

“Camden Beach. Going ‘home for the holidays’,” Victoria sighed as Derrick walked her to her door. “My Mom is cooking Thanksgiving dinner and expects her entire family to be there, sorry.”


“It’s ok. I guess I can give you a day’s rest. I’ll try and figure things out without you,” he pretended to pout but smiled when she rubbed his shoulder in comfort. “So…Thanksgiving huh? Turkey, cranberries, stuffing the whole nine?”

“Yeah, it’s tradition. Although saying the entire family will be there knowing Nana won’t is kind of sad.”

“You plan on talking to your Mom about you-know-what?”

“Oh it’s the only subject on my list!”


“Good. Hopefully you’ll be able to get some answers,” Derrick replied, opening his hand to give her back her keys before leaning against the door.

“Oh yeah! It’ll be like taking candy from a baby; or more like pulling teeth from a gator,” Victoria remarked sarcastically. Derrick smiled, enjoying her playful banter and the way her tongue moved alluringly against her teeth as she spoke. “So…”

“So…”

“Guess I’m gonna go take a shower, wash this day away; and try and forget Maggie’s revolving tongue.”


Derrick laughed and leaned closer into the door, close enough to see the tiny flecks of glitter from her body wash glisten against her skin. “Well I guess this is goodnight then.” His lips hovered over Victoria’s and lowered until he gently brushed them together. Her warm breath fanned across his mouth and his eyes moved from her lips to her hooded lids.

Dropping his head to complete the kiss, she pulled back the second they were about to connect and spoke just above a whisper against his lips. “Sweet dreams, Derrick.” Victoria slid out from under him and he held in a groan as she made her escape into the house.

“Sweet dreams, Victoria.”

Continue---->

13 comments:

  1. ah....more naked Derrick. :D I will never EVER get tired of seeing that sim naked. He needs to be that way as often as possible!!!!!

    hahaha Maggie she was all over him like white on rice hahahahaha LOVED IT!!!!! Well glad they got one of the tailsman they needed. How many more to go?

    That talk with mom should be fun, can't wait to see Thanksgiving at the Carson house.

    and what the fuck Vik????? How in the hell are you gonna be that close and not kiss that man? Seriously. UGH what is wrong with her? There has to be something wrong with her.

    look I left a real comment. Back to staring :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I know! You're welcome. He'll have to be dressed in the next few though. But like I said I did these before the demand for Naked Derrick became so overwhelming so please don't raid my village with your pitchforks!

      Maggie knows a good thing when she sees it! She wanted to rub herself in her scent and who could blame her! Although that may have made Vik a tad bit jealous! That's just what she's missing out on haha. There are 10 Talisman in total. Derrick already had 1 so they have 8 remaining.

      That should be interesting! We already can tell from the way Vik talks about her that she's not very forthcoming. It'll be fun either way!

      Well she might have wanted to kiss him but she may also have wanted more and well...that was a little unlikely considering her current condition. Oh well. Maybe next time!

      Haha ok!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  2. The Duo certainly got out of that place with no issues really. It seemed almost too easy. Unless the way was paved by Derrick somehow? Maggie was planted there to make Victoria jealous. ^_^
    They almost had a kiss.... ahhh a kiss.... I fear it will take Victoria an almost loss of Derrick or the actual loss of him to realise what she keeps trying to deny. It will take something bad to jar her I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easier than expected and like always there is a reason for it. One that'll lend itself to a lot of darkness soon! Victoria expected a fight and she too noticed things went smoother than anticipated. Ha! Yes she was! Victoria needs to see what she's messing up with Derrick in order to come to her true feelings about the man. Wow! Someone's been reading ahead! You're right about that Zhip. It'll take a mountain moving before Victoria takes a step!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  3. What the heck....????
    How you expect me to concentrate on the writing, is beyond me! For real woman, what is wrong with you? That lies beyond my capabilities... geez!

    I may have registered some part of this update, so let me see!
    -Derrick and Vik talking next to car-
    -Derrick telling Vik to strip-
    -BLANK-
    -BLANK-
    -BLANK-
    -BLACK OUT-
    -BLANK-
    -BLANK-

    ...and maybe something about an almost kiss... not sure!
    If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to -BLANK-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read it again (tried to) and that picture of Vik behind Derrick is provoking me! That look in her eyes... She's trying to get a reaction out of me with THAT WHOLE "see this guy, this naked delicious guy. I can actually touch him, see...like this" LOOK. Hmmm, I don't like it anymore! You should probably take it out... yeah, you should do that!

      *nods head firmly* ...yeah...

      Delete
    2. I didn't actually and that's why I didn't put much into the chapter. The gist of it: they got a talisman. See! I figured there would be a lot of staring and a little reading lol so I made it easy :D

      Derrick is well hung and Victoria surely enjoyed the view even through her casual behavior...she would have to be dead or blind not to!

      Maggie also really enjoyed the view haha she wanted an upclose and personal tour!

      Thank you for...reading? :P

      Delete
    3. I'd have poured a bucket of ice cold water on you had I been able to Jem but I am very happy to see you have recovered!

      Lol! That was the closest she's gotten to well...just lower that hand a tiny bit more Vik. I think he enjoyed feeling her pressed up against him as well. But considering the fact that he wasn't standing at attention means he has GREAT control himself!

      Don't hurt her Jem! It was innocent, really :P Blame Maggie! Yes, go after Maggie and her roving hands!

      Delete
  4. The beginning was hilarious. I knew Victoria wouldn't give in without a fight lol. Seeing them act so normal and naked at the same time was just so funny. I'm really proud of Derrick for behaving himself too. Omg Tony, well he's going to give me nightmares and I'm about to go to bed so :/ Maggie is lucky she fell because Victoria wasn't happy about watching her touch all over Derrick. Aw I wanted them to kiss, at least a peck on the cheek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It took a LOT of convincing for her to undress! Derrick was dirty for that haha he knew where they were heading and he never bothered to say a word! Derrick did a great job behaving. Like I said to Jem he even controlled his urges when Vik's naked body was rubbing against him! Sorry about that! Tony really enjoys his um...freedom even if others don't! Oh yeah Maggie was about to get more than an earful from the very jealous Victoria. Soon Tiffany, very soon!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Derrick must've been pretty pleased with the situation he and Victoria found themselves in at the nudist resort. I can just imagine him snickering at her discomfort. Love the pic of Vik with her hand in the air as if telling Derrick to 'talk to the hand.' Then his comment about her scent ... LOL. That definitely feels like something Derrick would say. Can't say I minded seeing Derrick in all his glory again ... not one tiny bit! Damn, he is fine. Vik didn't seem too happy about Maggie trying to paw at Derrick. Man, I really thought they were finally going to kiss ... so close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh he definitely was! He drove her to the location knowing full well what they were getting themselves into but was sure that he could convince her to move ahead with him. He got his show, and he better enjoy it! That's something he won't see again for a few chapters. Few? Oops...spoiler? He did a great job not calling too much attention to it though and she was able to feel comfortable in his presence. HAHA yeah she was just not hearing it! Derrick is a tease but it's great he didn't poke her more. That might have set her off! Lol! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D It looks like you made it through the chapter intact. I only have the one pending lawsuit from Jem at this point. So close! Yes but every chapter moves us even closer to that moment!

      Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  6. Hahaha a nudist resort? No wonder he didn't tell her upfront where they were going. I dare say he thoroughly enjoyed that mission, especially the bit about her getting jealous...and it did seem like that. And the almost-kiss there at the end. Was she scared? Stubborn? Just teasing, drawing things out? I don't think she can really claim to be uninterested.

    ReplyDelete